5/17/08

Spring...or Summer?

The weather here in Portland has gone from nice and cool in the mid 60s to 90 degrees and stifling HOT. Wow. It actually feels just like summers in Hawaii, which made me miss being on the beach and getting shave ice afterwards with friends. It feels like I have been away for so long (it'll be 6 months when I go back) and I guess I have. Next summer seems even more questionable. We have rented our apartment up through next summer til fall 09...so who knows if I will even go back. But anyway...I will be back soon and it'll be a great vacation for a while.

I have been buying a bunch of things for my new apartment...its SO much fun. After selling back some old clothes and going thrifting today with friends, I found a gorgeous area rug (the apartment only has hardwood floors, which means no vacuuming! yay!) I really love collecting little things (all necessary, of course) to piece together the "look" im going for: cool light blues and greens with simple patterns (if any), very "sunny."

In other words, school is keeping me busy, except it can't keep me outside when the weather is perfect! We should just have class in the park blocks, I bet it would be so much better than sitting inside wishing we were out. It feels like the end of the term can't come soon enough, my friends are all going back to Hawaii and I feel like I'm stuck here once again! Oh well...I will stick it out. Until next time..

No comments: