6/10/08

Before, After, and then Before again

I've started packing up all my stuff in my dorm room for the big move to my mom's new apartment a few blocks away. Seeing all my things in boxes is pretty sad, I had a great freshman year, and definitely had a kickass dorm room. The walls are all bare, my books are gone...its so...empty! I'm not really looking forward to the hauling boxes up and down all day, but once its done I'll be SO glad. I go home to Hawaii soon, and then its just a day at the beach after that! My arms are sore from helping my mom move in the past couple of days...yikes. I also have one final to study for, which I haven't made time for! Good thing I'm doing well in the class! So in honor of my freshman year at college, heres a few looks into what my room looked like BEFORE and AFTER our fabulous makeover!


Before:
Totally DRAB and space inefficient dorm room. We literally ripped those curtains off!



Another view of the dorm BEFORE...how boring!


After:


The rugs, lighting, sheets and fabric panels are all from Ikea...we basically had an Ikea freakout!



The view from the window. I LOVE how the fabric panels covered up the closet and brought some life to the wallspace




The view of my bed. I made my own pillowcases using Amy Butler fabric! I also love my little orange owl that watches over me as I slack off and read D*S!


No comments: