2/10/09

Drawing...!

I chose to respond to the question..."What do you personally use drawing for?"

-distraction
-doodling
-list-making
-reminders
-sketches/plans for current projects

I use recurring shapes in many of my drawings, like crystalline or geometric imagery. Something about it just keeps it coming back. I love making lists and organizing my thoughts (I have a very bad memory), so just scribbling down ideas is "drawing" my thoughts out onto paper. I hate doing thumbnails or sketches, but I'm usually required to, so its more of a tangible thing for someone else to see whats in my head (I often work on projects from what I think originally, not what I draw or sketch on paper). Many times I just doodle and that sparks another idea. I guess to sum it up most of drawing for me is used for organization and clearer focus than all the ideas in my mind.

No comments: