1/26/09

Guiltless Muffins

Every morning I try to take my own breakfast to work. It saves me money, and whatever cereal I've got is wayyyy better than the hidden calories packed into our food items. Well, its freezing in my apartment right now so I felt like baking something yummy so I can stand next to a hot oven and make myself a cup of tea. I grabbed a box of Krusteaz Fat-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins, and started making them. I also made it a bit healthier by adding oats and flax seeds. Each muffin boasts 140 calories (in comparison to the blueberry muffins at work which have over 400 each!!). So keep warm and feel better with a lovely morning snack.



Guiltless Apple Cinnamon Flax Muffins

-1 box Krusteaz Apple Cinnamon muffins (they're SO cheap, I can make a dozen muffins for under $2)
-1 to 2 tablespoons golden flax seeds (I got mine at Whole Foods)
-1 handful oats

Directions

Prepare muffin mix according to box directions (its 1 1/4 c. water-how easy is that?!), stir in flax seeds and drop by the spoonful into muffin pan. Sprinkle oats on top and bake at 400 F for 18-20 mins.

These babies are a quick fix for mid-morning relaxing. I need to get myself more of these...

No comments: