5/13/09

Travel: Sydney, Australia



The day after me and my sister graduated high school, we went on a several week's trip to Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland with our older sister. Instantly I fell in love with Sydney: the city is hip, trendy yet still maintains its old buildings and classy stores. Hyde Park was right outside our door, where we ate fresh fruit and yogurt and enjoyed the sun.



The Harbour is where all the action is; ferries shuttle tourists and townspeople to small bays and towns, you can eat gelato on the steps of the great Opera House and have a smashing good time at the Opera Bar below. I remember great shopping, great sights and really gorgeous people.

You can take the public transit and go to the neighboring towns and see great views of beaches and coastline (Bondi Beach was awesome and I had the best meal to date there at North Bondi Italian.) Sydney is the perfect mix of European classiness and beachy casual with an urban appeal. I'm finding myself wanting to go back more and more...but for now enjoy these pictures of lovely Sydney.

No comments: