6/17/09

Travel: Oregon Coast





Today and tomorrow I'll be driving out to the lovely Oregon Coast with my fabulous boyfriend to celebrate our 1 year anniversary! I can't believe its been that long already but it been super fun and drama-free (we haven't fought ONCE! hey, if your happy, whats there to fight about right?) So this week's travel post is all about the Oregon Coast.


A huge step away from the clear-blue, tropical and warm waters of Hawaii, the Oregon Coast offers a decidedly different view of the Pacific ocean. I remember going to the coast with a friend when it was windy, rainy and cold-let me just say I wasn't too pleased with it. However, I'm willing to give it another try since it is now summer which means sunny skies and warmth (oh how I missed you!). The coast is a huge stretch-so you can practically go anywhere whereever you live in Oregon.



Were going to stay in Seaside, a cute albeit touristy part of the coast where you can walk the beach and walk the streets where carnival games and salt water taffy stores abound. If thats a little too crowded for your tastes, make your way down to Cannon Beach and witness huge monoliths like the famous Haystack Rock for a photo opportunity. Here are some photos to get you inspired. You can find activities, restaurants and happenings on the coast here, via the Oregon Coast Visitors Association (which has a pretty sweet website!) See you friday!

p.s on your way there, dont forget to visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory!

photos via Chesil,

No comments: