2/11/08

Fall Fashion Week!

This fall is going to be a fashionable one! Just finished looking through most of the runway shows from NY Fashion Week. Very, very impressed and excited. Not that any of the clothes will be in my closets, of course, but it looks like the trends are trends I'd actually wear. The colors are also very jewel-toned–Proenza Schouler's looks were gorgeous, and the silhouettes classic with a modern twist. Here are some of my favorite looks (all images courtesy of Style.com):
Diane von Furstenberg


ADAM


Bill Blass


DKNY


Isaac Mizrahi


Elie Tahari


3.1 Phillip Lim


BCBG Max Azria


Proenza Schouler

That was just a very very small sample of the hundreds of amazing outfits gracing the tents at Bryant Park. I love fall fashion, theres just something about scarves, chunky-knit sweaters and tights that make me so happy. The London fashion shows just started too, I'm so excited to see those! It was great seeing opaque tights, rich fabrics and delicious Christian Louboutins on those stick thin legs (Chanel Iman, please eat something! You'd look even better with actual muscle on your legs. Trust me honey.) Oh how I love fashion. My great friend Vicen totally went to Proenza's show and Rodarte. Amazing! I live through him in times like these.

In other news, I got one half of a 4 part project done and am really happy with the turnout and will post pictures later. I've officially started my research projects and now need to concentrate on my art history midterm later this week. I'm a little scared but if I continue studying it should be no problem. This week is also Valentine's Day. Which means I'm getting some chocolate somehow– I have no expectations for this year so I'll buy myself as much chocolate as I can! Hopefully every one will have a great day no matter if they get something or not! To all my single girls out there, I salute you.

Til next time!


No comments: