9/22/09

Etsy Tuesday: Kari Herer


I cannot express how much I adore Kari Herer's photography. She captures such mundane objects as if they were precious pieces of art, all with a feminine style and chic approach. A well-known photographer around the web (you can find Design*Sponge gushing about her, among others), she does amazing portraits as well as images of flowers and food. I was able to ask Kari a few questions-here we go!

When did you start photographing?
I started photographing when my mom bought me my first Pentax in high school. It's long been broke but I still use the strap today on my canon.

What inspires you to photograph?
The challenge of finding light, composition, and personality in everything that I photograph.

From one photographer to another, what advice can you give to stand out from the rest?
Spend the money on a good lens.

Very well said! Thanks Kari!

You can pick up her prints at her etsy shop, visit her website and read her blog. I would love to put 4 small prints up in my room-I just love that atmosphere she creates. Amazing work!

No comments: